Local people were asked to share their views on Bexley’s five-year strategy to reduce domestic abuse and its harmful impact on victims, their families and the wider community. Following consultation London Borough of Bexley have now published their five-year domestic abuse strategy:
Bexley Domestic Abuse Strategy 2021-2026 PDF Download
As part of the Domestic Abuse Act 2021 the London Borough of Bexley has published its Needs Assessment:
A11 – LBBNA Final Report – DRAFT Ver003.PDF Download
- Tier 1 (GLA) to conduct needs assessment to inform strategy of DA Local Partnership Board.
- Full needs assessment required minimum 3 yearly with annual refresh.
- Tier 2 (London Borough of Bexley) must comply with requests to cooperate from Tier 1.
- Provide advice, guidance, and knowledge on the local area to support in the completion of the needs assessment.
- Contribute to the development of a local strategy based on needs assessment.
- Pass on relevant data to Tier 1 for monitoring, evaluation and reporting purposes.
London Borough of Bexley (LBB) must understand the extent to which it is meeting/not meeting the needs of DA victims/survivors (V/S) in its area.
Let’s all be part of the change
No-one should live in fear of abuse. Enough is enough. We can all do our bit to keep women and girls safe.
We can challenge abuse when we see it. Even small acts can help stop violence against women and girls.
Get information and support at gov.uk/enough
DAY is a one-hour weekly course that aims to educate young people about abusive relationships and how to identify what is a healthy relationship.
Led by a fully trained facilitator, the 10-week programme provides a safe space for young people to talk and share experiences. Through watching videos, listening to music, and other interactive methods the groups explore hurtful behaviours and how to deal with them.
The sessions are suitable for anyone between 14 and 24 years of age and are available at five locations across the borough.
Young people wanting to join the groups will need to complete a Bexley Day Programme Referral Form and send it to DAY@bexley.gov.uk
Bexley DAY Programme Leaflet – PDF Download
Bexley DAY Programme A4 Poster – PDF Download